Re: pinhole probability

Dan Gray (dgray@justin-siena.napanet.net)
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 14:11:52 -0700

Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 14:11:52 -0700
From: Dan Gray <dgray@justin-siena.napanet.net>
To: Pinhole Listserv <pinhole@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: Re: pinhole probability

It seems to me that if there are conditions which would make a particular
couple more likely to have daughters than sons, or vice versa, she would be
more likely to have a sister if her parents fell into this category. If her
parents do not fall into this category then the odds are 50:50. So this would
make the overall odds more likely that she would have a sister. On the other
hand, I seem to recall that there are more boys born than girls. Hmmmm.....

-Dan Gray