Re: THE SKY IS BLUE BECAUSE OF REFLECTION OFF THE OCEAN SURFACE (WRONG)

From: On-line Snack discussion (snaktalk)
Date: Wed Sep 15 1999 - 19:48:19 PDT

Where did you get your subject? Were you commenting on the Blue Sky
Snack? The Snack itself states that: "When sunlight travels through the
atmosphere, blue light scatters more than the other colors, leaving a
dominant yellow-orange hue to the transmitted light. The scattered light
makes the sky blue; the transmitted light makes the sunset reddish
orange." I don't see anywhere where it talks about reflection from the
ocean's surface.

Nina Thayer
Snacktalk Moderator