Re: center of gravity

From: On-line Snack discussion (snaktalk)
Date: Wed Mar 20 2002 - 18:33:49 PST

What's a cane trailer?

One of the science Snacks (which is what we discuss here) describes a
way to find the center of gravity of a long, thin object, even if the
object's weight is unevenly distributed. I don't know if that will help
you or not. You can check it at
http://www.exploratorium.edu/snacks/center_of_gravity.html
You might also find useful information at
http://wings.avkids.com/Curriculums/Forces_Motion/center_summary.html
If you still need help, you might want to do a little research on the
web or ask your local librarian for some books on the subject.

P.S.: In an e-mail in which you are informal enough to use i instead of I
and are fairly casual about punctuation, you might want to leave off the
salutation, especially since dear sir is not applicable to everyone.

Nina Thayer
Snacktalk Moderator