Hot Water

From: Gene Thompson (gthompso@ccsf.cc.ca.us)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 17:41:30 PST

Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 17:41:30 -0800 (PST)
From: Gene Thompson <gthompso@ccsf.cc.ca.us>
Subject: Hot Water

Today, waiting for hot plates to cool off, I dropped some water on them
and watched it bead and roll, like little marbles. The sound when the
water hit the hot plate was like a solid hitting. Not until 15 minutes
had passed and the plate had cooled quite a bit did the water react the
way I expected -- bubbling and hissing and forming a puddle.

Why?

Ellen Koivisto