Your ideal science classroom/lab

From: tien huynh-dinh (patagiums@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 19:31:02 PST

Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 19:31:02 -0800 (PST)
From: tien huynh-dinh <patagiums@yahoo.com>
Subject: Your ideal science classroom/lab

Hi Pinholers!
Our school(K-8) has the opportunity to expand to K-12
and plans are being drafted for the middle/high school
science classrooms. I was asked for input, but having
only taught in portable-bungalows (with no sinks), I
don't feel qualified. Do any of you have any
suggestions about what to ask for and how/where to
arrange things? I remember hearing teachers (none of
you!) complain how their new science labs were so
poorly designed... and don't want that to happen at
our school. What is a good sink to students ratio? How
many ramps (and how long?) should we try to have in
the physical science lab? What should we consider when
putting in a fume hood? (I know I want to be able to
darken the room for TI light/color/perception
activities!)
Is TI pretty happy with the classrooms as we have them
now? Do we have enough space for Bio. activities?
I will need suggestions for two 9-12th grade science
classrooms, one 7/8 science classroom, and one 6th
Math/Science classroom.
Thank you, and any suggestions would be Gratefully
appreciated!!!! You can contact me off-line if you
feel more comfortable!

tien (neit)

ps. I'm a middle school science teacher, so there will
be at least one high school science position available
when this is completed... it could be YOUR classroom!
:o)

Tien Huynh-Dinh
The Accelerated School
116 Martin L. King Blvd