EE grants program now accepting applications id::68683

From: Karen A. Mendelow (karenm@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 15 2000 - 16:21:35 PDT

Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 15:21:35 -0800
From: karenm@exploratorium.edu (Karen A. Mendelow)
Subject: EE grants program now accepting applications id::68683

>From Karen M If you may be interested in these opportunities!!

>From: Bay Area CREEC - "Sylvie Bloch" <sbloch@coastal.ca.gov>

>Subject: EE grants program now accepting applications id::68683
>
>Written By: Bay Area CREEC - "Sylvie Bloch" <sbloch@coastal.ca.gov>

>The California Coastal Commissionís Whale Tail License Plate Grants
>Program is now accepting applications. Schools, nonprofit organizations,
>and government entities may apply for funding to support programs that
>foster an appreciation of Californiaís coast, marine life, or inland
>watersheds, with an emphasis on reaching underserved students and members
>of the public. Educational beach maintenance programs are also eligible.
>$172,000 will be distributed. Deadline is November 15, 2000. See
>http://www.coastal.ca.gov/publiced/plate/plgrant.html for more details.

The California Coastal Commission is announcing the third annual Childrenís
Poster Art Contest. Students in grades K-6 may submit a piece of artwork
with a ìSave Our Seasî theme about harmful marine debris to be considered
as the next design on the Commissionís Adopt-A-Beach poster. In addition,
one winning classroom from each grade level will receive a gift certificate
for educational materials. Deadline is November 15, 2000. See
http://www.coastal.ca.gov/publiced/poster/poster.html for more information.

>To reply privately to Sylvie Bloch, create a new message
>and address it to sbloch@coastal.ca.gov.

Karen Mendelow Nelson
Program Manager/Educator
Exploratorium Teacher Institute