Re: pinhole h2o heat capacity

From: Paul Doherty (pauld@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 15 2000 - 16:24:52 PDT

Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 15:24:52 -0800
From: Paul Doherty <pauld@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: Re: pinhole h2o heat capacity

Hi Neil

The biology project at U Arizona agrees with Karen and says that the high
heat capacity of water is due to hydrogen bonds.

http://www.biology.arizona.edu/biochemistry/tutorials/chemistry/page3.html

I don't know what causes the high heat capacity of ammonia, but I'm
searching for a good understandable physics explanation for pinhole.

Paul D

Paul "But it is more complicated than that!" Doherty,
Senior Staff Scientist, The Exploratorium.
pauld@exploratorium.edu, www.exo.net/~pauld