Re: pinhole acceleration lab ideas

From: Gary Horne (gary.horne@excite.com)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 16:53:29 PST

Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 16:53:29 -0800 (PST)
From: Gary Horne <gary.horne@excite.com>
Subject: Re: pinhole acceleration lab ideas

There is a book (I believe it is called "the method of Motion", email me
personally, and I will find the exact title) which describes a "drip" car.
You use a soap bottle to drip colored water out at equal time intervals. I
forget what causes the acceleration (could be a wind up mechanism), but by
measuring the distance between the drops, you get a really good way to
measure accelleration. Anyway, the whole thing is done very simply.

Gary Horne
gary.horne@excite.com