Re: pinhole Crystal Lab

From: Algis Sodonis (asodonis@urbanschool.org)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 10:37:16 PST

Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 10:37:16 -0800
Subject: Re: pinhole Crystal Lab
From: "Algis Sodonis" <asodonis@urbanschool.org>

You can observe crystals growing in front of your eyes if you do the
following: Make a supersaturated solution epsom salt (magnesium sulfate),
after it cools somewhat, place a few drops on a microscope slide and
encourage the drops to spread out thinly. After a few minutes, crystals will
form. I found that a dissecting microscope works best, though a standard
microscope works also.

Algis Sodonis
the Urban School of SF