Crystal Lab

From: Tom Blinn (tblinn@home.com)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 19:44:36 PST

From: "Tom Blinn" <tblinn@home.com>
Subject: Crystal Lab
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 19:44:36 -0800

Several years ago I used a lab that demonstrated crystal growth very well,
but of course now I can't find it. We put four different solutions on
slides, let them sit overnight and observed the growth under the microscope
the next morning. It showed distinctly different crystal growth patterns.
Are any of you aware of the solutions that might give this type of crystal
growth? What I have found so far requires that the crystals grow for
several days. We would rather use the faster crystal growing solutions if
possible.

Thank you ahead of time. Pam Blinn, Hart Middle School, Pleasanton, Calif.