Re: Block Schedule

From: Lisa Bauman (ldbauman@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 11 2002 - 22:23:18 PST

From: "Lisa Bauman" <ldbauman@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Block Schedule
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 22:23:18

I teach 8th grade science at Bancroft Middle School in San Leandro. Are
method of scheduling is as follows:

Monday - All classes meet for 50 minutes each.

Tuesday - Periods 1, 3 & 5 meet for 90 minutes (minimum day for dept
meetings and common planning time)

Wednesday - Periods 2, 4 & 6 meet for 90 minutes (minimum day for dept
meetings and common planning time)

Thursday - Periods 1, 3 & 5 meet for 105 minutes

Friday - Periods 2, 4 & 6 meet for 90 minutes

As a science teacher I love this. I'm not sure how the other departments
feel about it. The program was in place already when I arrived so I'm not
sure what prompted it or how they arrived at the final schedule. I'm sure
my prinicipal would love to talk with you about it or send you to the person
who could best answer your questions. Her name is Mary Beth Barloga.
510-667-3560

Hope this helps.

Lisa