re: stream tables

From: Coral Clark (coralc@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 07:15:30 PST

Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 07:15:30 -0800
From: Coral Clark <coralc@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: re: stream tables

--
Stores like Home Depot carry inexpensive flower box trays that are
long and shallow.  I have had good luck with these as stream tables
because of their length (and they are cheap).  Diatomaceous earth
does work the best for this activity (be sure to get it wet before
use... and even use goggles as if it gets in anyones eye it can cause
painful scratches on the cornea).  I have seen Diatomaceous Earth at
Home Depot as well, but not always.  Places like Walmart that carry
pool supplies also sometimes carry it.