Canned Heat

From: Camilla Lau (camillaklau@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 29 2002 - 13:15:26 PDT

From: "Camilla Lau" <camillaklau@hotmail.com>
Subject: Canned Heat
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 20:15:26 +0000

Last Saturday, we learned how to make thermometers with cans at an
Expoloratorium workshop. I can't seem to create a water tight seal between
the plasticene and straw. Do you have any tips for doing this better or
have any idea what my problem might be?  Once I stick the straw with clay
into the can, water keeps seeping out from the top where the clay meets the
straw.

Thanks,
Camilla