static charge / F=BIL

From: Mark Lawton (markslawton@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu May 16 2002 - 12:11:22 PDT

From: "Mark Lawton" <markslawton@hotmail.com>
Subject: static charge / F=BIL
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 12:11:22 -0700

Hey there TI people,

One of my students is trying to replicate the carry and charge experiment in
which charge induced on a styrofoam plate induces a charge in a pie tin.

Her results are very anemic (an itsy bitsy single spark). Any
suggestions????

Another experiment she is working on is the one where current going through
a piece of foil produces a force on an adjacent piece of foil that also has
current in it.

Unfortunately, we haven't see any effect. Any suggestions???

-Mark