Re: pinhole sunburns

From: Raleigh McLemore (raleighmclemore@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jul 20 2002 - 00:34:15 PDT

Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 00:34:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: Raleigh McLemore <raleighmclemore@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: pinhole sunburns

I just did this really cool experiment around the
sunburn topic. My wife and I went to the coral reefs
off of Cabo Pulmo in Baja and I thought that a lean-to
of palm fronds would provide excellent shade. It was a
very fine lean-to, keeping a dark, cool shade on us.
No leaks, plenty wide to cover us, "no problema!" A
couple hours later I discover that my skin had a
beautiful "langusta" (I think this means lobster) like
sheen. I glowed a soft and brilliant red through the
rest of the trip (at least I didn't need a flashlight
in the evening due to by bright new color). What's
that all about, I mean it was cool and shady under the
d**n fronds and I looked like a crispy critter after a
couple of hours. Next time I will try the same
experiment but put one of those "pop-up" timers they
put in turkeys in my belly button.

Hope you all are having a fine and wonderful summer!

With firm handshake,
Raleigh