Re: the fly

From: Nathania Chaney Aiello (nathania@attbi.com)
Date: Tue Sep 10 2002 - 05:06:55 PDT

Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 05:06:55 -0700
Subject: Re: the fly
From: Nathania Chaney Aiello <nathania@attbi.com>

Eric,
I first experienced this a few summers ago when I took some students to a
dude ranch in Texas. The theory I heard was that the water acts like a
lens, when the flies get near the bag, they see themselves as a much bigger
fly reflected and are scared away. Don't know if I believe in its
effectiveness, but they sure were in use all around Amarillo.
Nathania Chaney Aiello