Re: Pinhole Digest #1079 - 12/05/02

From: Jennie Brotman (jbrotman52@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Dec 14 2002 - 16:11:58 PST

From: "Jennie Brotman" <jbrotman52@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Pinhole Digest #1079 - 12/05/02
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 16:11:58 -0800

>hi marc,

last year a group of our 8th graders did a week long service learning
project related to body image where we worked with a few organizations, one
of which is called "the body positive." its in the east bay somewhere (i can
get details on mon). from it, the students learned a bunch of body image
related activities and developed some of their own. especially since you
said you have money to spend (!) i bet the body positive would have some
sort of info or maybe a guest speaker that could come to one of your classes
and lead some activities? i can also look at the activities we have at
school- although i'm not sure how focused you want to be on body image, vs.
physiology, body function, etc- as we are an all girls middle school we
were pretty focused on self-esteem issues, etc. related to body. but let me
know if you want more info and i can tell you the details of the activities
we have! good luck!
jennie