Entropy Question

From: Geoff Ruth (gruth@leadershiphigh.org)
Date: Mon Feb 24 2003 - 21:15:53 PST

Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 21:15:53 -0800
From: Geoff Ruth <gruth@leadershiphigh.org>
Subject: Entropy Question

I'm teaching about thermodynamics right now in my AP Chem class, and
I'm baffled by a piece of information. Several different books I've
looked in list the standard entropy of aqueous H+ as zero. I thought
that it was impossible for any substance to have S° = 0, because of
the 3rd Law of Thermodynamics.

Can someone please help me out with this problem?