Pipete fillers

From: Geoff Ruth (gruth@leadershiphigh.org)
Date: Sat Mar 08 2003 - 11:40:31 PST

Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 11:40:31 -0800
From: Geoff Ruth <gruth@leadershiphigh.org>
Subject: Pipete fillers

I have a problem with several of my pipet fillers (the type with 3
check valves that alternately suck, aspirate, or empty). Students
have forgotten or ignored my warnings not to let any liquids enter
the bulbs, so some have various chemicals inside the bulb. I have no
idea how to purge the chemicals from the bulbs, and then dry out the
bulb -- the valves prevent air from circulating most of the time. How
do people clean these things?