CSTA board election and upcoming conference ...

From: ASKDRSP@aol.com
Date: Wed Apr 16 2003 - 22:55:17 PDT

From: ASKDRSP@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 01:55:17 EDT
Subject: CSTA board election and upcoming conference ...

Greetings Pinholers,

If you are a member of CSTA then you probably have a ballot in hand or on its
way to you for the upcoming board election. I would like to take just a quick
moment to tell you how great a job Al Janulaw has done for CSTA. I am
probably speaking "to the choir" but I just wanted it said that he has been
the impetus for CSTA creating such strong professional development strands at
the yearly conferences, among many other incredible tasks he has accomplished
for science educators. He is very dedicated to science literacy and spends
his time supporting important issues for the science education community. I
do not consider myself a political person but I thought it might be OK this
once to be so.

If you are not sure of which candidate you would choose for president-elect,
please consider voting for Al Janulaw. If you had already decided to vote for
Al, I thank you in advance.

He does NOT know I am sending this message ... it is not his style to do this
... and it is usually not mine, either ... but he will do a great job for
California's science educators as the next president-elect.

Thank you for "listening" and I promise this is the only message of a
political nature I will post.

By the way, I am on the 2003 conference committee and in case you have not
read about it, Dr. Jane Goodall will be speaking at this year's conference,
in Long Beach, on Friday, October 10th. In addition, if that was not great
enough, the Exploratorium will be present and Linda Shore will be speaking at
the conference as well. Mark your calendar now for a great Science Educators'
Conference October 9-12 in Long Beach. You can access registration material
at www.cascience.org.

Take care,
Sue Pritchard