CLAD

From: Kim Greco (kimg@pop.sonic.net)
Date: Mon Apr 28 2003 - 15:43:49 PDT

Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 15:43:49 -0700
From: Kim Greco <kimg@pop.sonic.net>
Subject: CLAD

My district only informed us last month about this new onerous CLAD
credentialing. There is still a vast amount of confusion about it,
and I wonder if any of you could tell me what your district is doing,
especially in certain areas.
        a. Must the teachers pay for the training, or must the district?
        b. Do all of us have to have this started by September 2003
or face relocation or layoff?
        c. What about exemptions for people planning on retiring
within 5 years?
        d. With the no-budget, where on earth is all this money
coming from to pay for all our training?

Thanks for any information you can provide (especially if you tell me
it's going to go away!), and thanks to all the folks at that great
Sound class that gave me input. None of it good news, but still.....

Kim Greco
El Molino High School
Forestville