RE:CLAD

From: Shelley Collier (scoll858@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 19:33:57 PDT

From: "Shelley Collier" <scoll858@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE:CLAD
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 19:33:57 -0700

As far as the CLAD thing goes, I recommend taking the test. The most
difficult part was the linguistics part, but I think any reasonably intelligent
person can prep for it with one of those test prep books. I tested out 5
or 6 years ago and it wasn't too awful. There are about 6 classes that you
would have to take (I think), and they're offered at places like Chapman, and
cost a fortune. If you've been teaching for over 10 years, there is a
waiver class some districts are offering. It's a SB something.
Vallejo is just finishing one up, and several of my coworkers are taking it, and
whining excessively. Your personnel dept should have the info on the
test. As far as layoffs being dependant on it, it's one of the criteria
some districts are using as a tiebreaker, so it would be a good to get out of
the way. Good luck.

--- Shelley Collier

--- (707) 644-7439

--- scoll858@earthlink.net