RE: cellophane tape for polarization activity

From: DonRath@aol.com
Date: Tue Jun 03 2003 - 09:24:28 PDT

From: DonRath@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 12:24:28 EDT
Subject: RE: cellophane tape for polarization activity

I don't have all the tape rolls and brands in front of me as I write this,
but the wide rolls of clear packaging tape worked well last time I tried.
There's also a tape called Crystal Clear, I think, (3M?), that comes in a narrower
width that worked well. A problem that I've encountered over the years is that
manufacturers change the production process, and suddenly a tape that used to
work doesn't work at all. In general, cheaper tapes, like Walgreen's, worked,
but I haven't checked them lately. I'll try to do a little "research" and
write a follow-up, but thought I'd send this now in the interest of timeliness,
for whatever it's worth. Hope it helps. -- Don Rathjen

Don Rathjen
Exploratorium Teacher Institute
donr@exploratorium.edu
or