polarizing tape

From: Coral Clark (coralc@raft.net)
Date: Tue Jun 03 2003 - 15:03:27 PDT

From: "Coral Clark" <coralc@raft.net>
Subject: polarizing tape
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 15:03:27 -0700

The tapes I have tried that have worked the best have been tapes from
extreme discount stores, like McFrugals. You might also try Mexican grocery
stores for inexpensive imports. In an ironic twist of fate, the cheaper, the
better. If it is clear and somewhat crinkly (like tape in the days of long
ago, pre 1975), it will probably work just great!

I have had great success with this activity in the past! And it can be used
for lessons in both physics (light, waves) and geology (rock
identification).

cheers!

Coral Clark