Biololgy job at Urban HS

From: Algis Sodonis (asodonis@urbanschool.org)
Date: Wed Jun 04 2003 - 10:16:40 PDT

Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 10:16:40 -0700
Subject: Biololgy job at Urban HS
From: "Algis Sodonis" <asodonis@urbanschool.org>

 My school has an opening in biology.

It is a fun and rewarding place to work, especially if you are interested in experimenting with creative hands-on teaching methods.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me as well.

Algis Sodonis
Science Department Chair
The Urban School of SF
asodonis@urbanschool.org

[Marker]
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT

Full-Time High School Biology Teacher
For the 2003-2004 School Year

The Urban School of San Francisco seeks an energetic individual to teach freshman biology and upper level science electives, including genetics and marine biology. Candidates should have a strong and diverse background in the sciences and mathematics, at least three years previous experience teaching biology at the secondary level, and enthusiasm for working with high school students. Additional experience teaching chemistry is desired.

The successful candidate should be committed to innovative approaches to teaching science within a laboratory-based environment, to collaborative curriculum development, and to his/her continued professional growth. Extensive experience with the use of computers and computer-based probes is strongly desired.

The Urban School has an innovative schedule that emphasizes depth and quality of learning over breadth of subject matter. Our 2 1/2 hour lab periods and teaching load of 3 classes per term allows for field trips, consistent experiential learning and time to develop course materials and activities.

Salary scale ranges from $40,000 to $73,000. A comprehensive benefits package is provided, which includes medical, dental and life insurance, and the TIAA/CREF pension plan. Please visit our website at http://www.urbanschool.org for a summary of Urban's schedules and programs.

Please send a cover letter (kindly reference where you saw this posting) and resume to:

Mark Salkind, Director
The Urban School of San Francisco
1563 Page Street
San Francisco, CA 94117

Or email kkiernan@urbanschool.org

The Urban School is an equal opportunity employer; candidates of color are encouraged to apply.

March 2003