lowell equipment up for grabs

From: Eric Friedman (mcelover@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jun 04 2003 - 10:38:30 PDT

Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 10:38:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: Eric Friedman <mcelover@yahoo.com>
Subject: lowell equipment up for grabs

hey all

we have an extraordinary amount of old stuff here at
lowell that is ready to be taken away by anyone who
wants to come and get it. we are moving some of our
science rooms into a new building (hooray!) and have
been emptying closets full of decades old equipment
and supplies. things have been building up here since
the 60's. here's a brief list of some of the things
we have. (sorry no pictures, everyone's packed up
their cameras!)

you'll need to come by today (wed), thursday afternoon
or friday morning. it's all first come first serve
unless you email me specifically that you want
something. also, email me to let me know if you are
coming by to have a look so i can be sure to be here.
lowell is located at 1101 eucalyptus drive. close to
19th and sloat. we are in room 260.

happy summer!
Eric Friedman
mcelover@yahoo.com

Books:
21 Feynman Lectures Volume 1 Hard Cover
Fundamentals of Electronics Hardcover
Various other electronics books and other books
20-30 or maybe more Halliday and Resnick 3rd edition

Equipment:
3 old old oscilloscopes, probably working but not
tested
typewriter
old old 16 mm projector
2 old old old frequency generators, probably working
but not tested
6 heathkit DC power supplies, NOT working but probably
easy to fix
8 old Vernier ULI lab interface boxes, working with
cables
Old Polaroid folding camera with case
4' x 4' screen without the roller part, in good
condition
various metal rods and aluminum tubes and pipes
a big 3' paper cutter that works so-so
some radioactive samples of varying levels

Supplies:
GOBS and GOBS and GOBS of resistors
Gobs of old capacitors, transformers, heat sinks,
diodes, vacuum tubes, knobs, switches, hinges, screws,
bolts, fuses, rivets, wire connectors, bushings, light
mounts, fixtures, widgets, shims, and a whole lot of
other random outdated but maybe useful stuff.
TONS of resistors!
did i mention we have a lot of resistors?
some of the caps and resistors and even transformers
are mounted on plastic and were designed to be used by
students.

2 GIANT energy storage capacitors measuring about 2' x
1' x 3' high--these are large dangerous and powerful
capacitors from PG&E--rated 240 MFD at 5 KV!!!! great
for a huge loud bang and a giant spark. use at your
own risk, they are really dangerous and we're all
pretty scared of them here.

a big spool of cat-5 wire and other spools of wire

All of this stuff will get salvaged at the end of the
year and will be gone forever so come take a look if
anything sounds interesting.

peace and love and groovy summertime vibes
--eric