Re: pinhole How is magnetic force carried?

From: Paul Doherty (pauld@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 09 2003 - 09:54:51 PDT

Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 09:54:51 -0700
From: Paul Doherty <pauld@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: Re: pinhole How is magnetic force carried?

Hi Steve

Light is made of photons which have an infinite range.

In the current QED model for magnetism, electric forces and magnetic forces
are both carried by "virtual photon exchange" between particles, they also
have infinite range. Virtual pphotons are strange things,
In the 1870's model for light, light is made up of oscillating electric and
magnetic fields.

Paul D