Re: pinhole Kelvin

From: Paul Doherty (pauld@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 09 2003 - 09:58:23 PDT

Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 09:58:23 -0700
From: Paul Doherty <pauld@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: Re: pinhole Kelvin

Hi Eric

That's right, it's degrees celcius but not "degrees kelvin" its just kelvins.
Also not that Centigrade is not a unit in the SI system of units.

also on capitalization: SI units which are persons names are written lower
case, but the abbreviation is a capital so Kelvin is the person, kelvin is
the unit, and K is the symbol.

Also cool is that when Celcius set up his scale he had 0 as the boiling
point and 100 as the freezing point of water.

Paul D