Re: pinhole CA state standards question

From: Ellen Koivisto (igneous@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Jul 14 2003 - 10:30:02 PDT

Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 10:30:02 -0700
Subject: Re: pinhole CA state standards question
From: Ellen Koivisto <igneous@earthlink.net>

I've been using the chem standards as a sort of check off assignment my
students do during the entire year to keep track of what they know,
what we haven't yet covered, and what they need to ask more about.
We've found that all the standards are used for test questions in the
standardized tests. They were buried in the GSEs questions (but the
GSE doesn't exist anymore for science, right) and were explicit in the
CA standards tests that were part of the CAT-6 or 9 or whatever it is.
The STAR test science sections had little or nothign to do with any
standards at all as far as I could tell.

And because I don't know if any of what I told you violates the
non-disclosure paper they make you sign before administering the tests,
I'm not going to sign this.

Call Me Paranoid