CA state standards question

From: Geoff Ruth (gruth@leadershiphigh.org)
Date: Mon Jul 14 2003 - 09:19:35 PDT

Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 09:19:35 -0700
From: Geoff Ruth <gruth@leadershiphigh.org>
Subject: CA state standards question

I'm trying to formally align the content of my chemistry class with
the CA state standards, and I'm having a bit of difficulty
interpreting the following statements at the start of the high school
science standards:

Standards that all students are expected to achieve in the course of
their studies are unmarked.
Standards that all students should have the opportunity to learn are
marked with an asterisk (*).

Does anyone know which of these two items will appear on state
standardized tests? Will only non-asterisked items appear on GSE's,
STAR, and CAT-6? Or will there be some questions on content covered
in the asterixed areas?

Thanks a lot,
Geoff

--