Job Opening at Charter School

From: Gary Horne (gary@horne.cc)
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 10:31:13 PDT

Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 10:31:13 -0700
Subject: Job Opening at Charter School
From: Gary Horne <gary@horne.cc>

If anyone out there is still looking for a science teacher position or
knows someone who is, Manzanita Middle School, a charter school in the
East Bay, is an excellent opportunity. Teachers there have unmatched
flexibility, empowerment, and parent support. It is the ideal position
for anyone who cares about diverse populations and hates red tape. As
you can read about on their website: http://manzy.org , Manzanita has
no principal, vice principal, or any administration. It is entirely
run by the teachers and the parents. We serve the Richmond area with a
student body which is 40% African-American, 35% White, and 17%
Hispanic. Our students are among the very rich and the very poor, and
our STAR scores were 15-40 percent higher than the rest of the district.

There is still much work to be done at Manzy. The school is heading
into its 4th year and needs leadership, particularly with regards to
Science, but you won't find a more committed, more friendly, more
supportive staff anywhere.

To apply, simply send a letter of interest and resume to Nanette Hara
at nhara@uclink4.berkeley.edu

Thanks,

Gary Horne