Re: pinhole Showing a computer on a TV

From: David Fairman (thefairman@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Sep 05 2003 - 11:13:20 PDT

Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 11:13:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: David Fairman <thefairman@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: pinhole Showing a computer on a TV

Gary-
I have a device by Focus that allows me do display my computer on the TV. It
certainly works, but the quality of the image is pretty poor. For regular sized text
(12 or 14 point), it is too fuzzy to read. I usually have to blow up text to 20
point or larger in order to read it. I don't know if there are any other products
that work better for a TV. If you really want to display your computer screen well
you will likely have to get a projector which will run you a few thousand dollars.
But if you can swing it, it's worth it, since you can not only display your computer
screen well for all to see, but you can also use it to display your TV and video. It
can work like a large-screen TV. We bought one for our department about a year ago,
and our teachers are constantly having to arm wrestle to see who's turn it is to use
it.

Good Luck!

-Dave