easy science textbooks

From: Rilla Chaney (rchaney@marin.k12.ca.us)
Date: Mon Sep 08 2003 - 06:20:51 PDT

Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 06:20:51 -0700
From: Rilla Chaney <rchaney@marin.k12.ca.us>
Subject: easy science textbooks

Globe puts out a middle school series called Concepts and Challenges in
Earth Sciene, Life Science, and Physical Science. I have used all of
them with resource students. They are probably closer to a third grade
reading level, but they have excellent graphics and focus questions.
Topics are broken down into 2 page units for students who cannot focus
on too many words or concepts at one time. The science is as well
presented as I have found in a simplified format.

You don't have to buy the latest edition. About the only thing that
changes is the cover. Order from a used book supply for $15 to $25.

Rilla Chaney