Re: pinhole Re: Showing a computer on a TV

From: Gary Horne (gary@horne.cc)
Date: Mon Sep 08 2003 - 06:47:58 PDT

Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 06:47:58 -0700
Subject: Re: pinhole Re: Showing a computer on a TV
From: Gary Horne <gary@horne.cc>

Thanks Ron, (and I'm sending this out to all for those interested in
this pursuit)

I really appreciate the time and energy you took trying to find this
out. In fact, what you suggest is exactly what we first did. (I'm
sorry I didn't explain that in the initial email, but I didn't want to
drag on too much) As your research says, the apple website indicates
that a $19.00 adapter allows emacs to connect with TV's. We bought the
product and was surprised that what we had was actually a mini-VGA to
VGA adapter. So we can now connect the eMac to a VGA monitor (as long
as it is about 4 inches away from the eMac!)

Connecting from a VGA to a TV appears to be the real problem, and apple
couldn't help us with that. I love Apple but lately these false
promises of theirs are darn...well....Gates-like!

Gary