Static Electricity

From: JLEET@prodigy.net
Date: Wed Oct 29 2003 - 16:22:31 PST

Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 19:22:31 -0500
From: JLEET@prodigy.net
Subject: Static Electricity

Hello,

I have begun studying static electricity in one of my
classes. I wished to have them create their own
static carriers (as in the Snackbook) using pie tins
and PVC. I had success with the larger pie tins, but
not with smaller ones (those designed more for smaller
pastries). Also, I had success using an LP record as
the conductive surface, but not with styrofoam plates.

What might be going on here? If any could let me
know, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Joe