Re: pinhole Navigation and Maps of Polynesia

From: Tory Brady (toryb@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 30 2003 - 14:16:51 PST

Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 14:16:51 -0800
From: Tory Brady <toryb@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: Re: pinhole Navigation and Maps of Polynesia

Dear Raleigh-- Here is a response from one of our head honchos about your
idea of taking some time off from teaching and doing something here or
elsewhere.

Hmmm.

On the one hand they can just volunteer here (with pleasure) while
pursuing degrees. On the other, I think if they wanted to create a
special program of study, we would be happy to sign off on the
activity as "for credit" with any school or advisor. I am sure we
could set up something with UCSC extension, but then they would need
to enroll in the UCSC MAT for their degree. So that limits them. If
there were enough people that wanted to do that specifically, we
could definitely do it.

We could also look into a collaboration with Lesley University's
online MAT program.

I think it's hard just because we don't know where they want to
study, and we don't have a handful of people that we can go to some
local school with and say hey you need to create this program.

I don't know, we should think more about this. It would be great to
have teachers working here! B.