Re: pinhole String Theory

From: pauld@exploratorium.edu
Date: Thu Oct 30 2003 - 22:55:47 PST

Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 22:55:47 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: pinhole String Theory
From: pauld@exploratorium.edu

Hi Eric

I heard that aurorae were visible in Sacramento, but I didn't see any from
Mountain View.

The Nova programs were good. They reviewed classical and modern physics
concentrating on Einsteins theory of general relativity and Bohr et. al's
models of quantum mechanics. (I laughed when Brian Greene walked into the
quantum cafe past a guy who looked like Schroedinger, petting a cat!)

The next episode will be more about string theory and will hopefully
address whether it is theoretically possible to disprove string theory,
which is necessary for it to be a scientific theory.

Paul D