String Theory

From: Eric Plett (EPlett@serrahs.com)
Date: Thu Oct 30 2003 - 16:38:08 PST

Subject: String Theory
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 16:38:08 -0800
From: "Eric Plett" <EPlett@serrahs.com>

Unfortunately I missed the NOVA on Tuesday night about the String Theory. Several of my students brought it up in class and were disappointed that I had not seen it. Several other teachers saw the program as well. I'm going to try and buy the NOVA program. I guess that there is another part coming up?

My department chairman was saying that it was mentioned in the program that the string theory isn't really a theory because it cannot be proven false (therefore not a valid hypothesis). I am the physics teacher and I need to be enlightened. I didn't know that this was such a hot topic.

Did anyone see aurora's last night due to the solar flares?

Eric Plett