science snacks

From: Shelley Collier (scoll858@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Nov 20 2003 - 20:29:39 PST

From: "Shelley Collier" <scoll858@earthlink.net>
Subject: science snacks
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 20:29:39 -0800

Hi pinholers,

My 7th grade students are preparing to work on our second annual
mini-Exploratorium, and we were looking for snack writeups for a couple of
exhibits they want to duplicate. One group that wants to do the one with a
series of pendulums of different lengths, with a board that keeps them even
until it's lowered, but I'm not sure they remember it right. Another group
wants to reproduce the tank of water with the mirrors under it. They asked
me why it looks like your hands are dry in the mirror, but I really don't know
how to explain it.

--- Shelley Collier

--- scoll858@earthlink.net