Re: pinhole Leap Year

From: pauld@exploratorium.edu
Date: Fri Nov 21 2003 - 09:02:31 PST

Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 09:02:31 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: pinhole Leap Year
From: pauld@exploratorium.edu

Hi Becca

The Calendar takes all this into account

the rule is

If the year number is evenly divisible by 4, add a leap year day
unless the year number is evenly disisible by 100 in which case don't add
the leap year day
unless the year number is evenly divisible by 400 in which case you
actually add the leap year day.

Thus 1900 did not have a leap year day but 2000 did.

Paul D