Leap year

From: Alejandra León-Castellá (leonale@racsa.co.cr)
Date: Sat Nov 22 2003 - 05:41:37 PST

Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 07:41:37 -0600
From: Alejandra León-Castellá <leonale@racsa.co.cr>
Subject: Leap year

Hi Becca, Gary, Al, Heidi and Paul,

It is so good to "walk into the room" and hear" you talk about the leap year.
This is going to be the subject for our program Astronomy in the Park 2004.
http://cientec.or.cr/astronomia/astroparque/index.html
This program takes place from mid November to mid April every year, during the dry season.
We call this period our summer, informally, of course.
We are in the northern hemisphere, but only 10 degrees above the Equator, so the rainy and dry seasons are most notable.

We will be producing web and printed materials to distribute widely in our country.
We also visit communities and present talks followed by a period of observations (naked eye and with instruments).
So we will appreciate ideas and other web sites suggested on this topic.

Saludos,
Alejandra Leon-Castella
Fundacion CIENTEC
San Jose, Costa Rica