NIH Curriculum supplements

From: Karen Kalumuck (karenk@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 13 2004 - 17:18:35 PST

Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 17:18:35 -0800
From: karenk@exploratorium.edu (Karen Kalumuck)
Subject: NIH Curriculum supplements

Hi Everyone,

The National Institutes of Health puts out curriculum supplements on a
variety of Biology topics, each targeted to a specific age range (K-12).
You can get free materials, and/or use the online versions at:
http://science.education.nih.gov/ (it's our tax dollars at work.)

I am currently reviewing two of the high school supplements, and will be
writing a review to appear in "Cell Biology Education" the education
journal of the American Society for Cell Biology. Teachers at Carlmont HS
have graciously been sharing their experiences with the curriculum with me.
I am reviewing "Human Genetic Variation" and "Cell Biology and Cancer."
Have any of you used these supplements? What do you like/dislike about
them? How do you use them in your classroom?

If you have any thoughts about these supplements that you'd like to share
with me, contact me directly at: karenk@exploratorium.edu. And don't
forget to check out the supplements at the NIH website.

Happy Valentine's Day and Happy President's Day!

---Karen

Karen E. Kalumuck, Ph.D.
Biologist/Educator
Exploratorium Teacher Institute