Great fungus website!

From: Jo Falcon (jofalcon@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 22 2004 - 14:16:46 PDT

Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 14:16:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jo Falcon <jofalcon@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: Great fungus website!

Yes, I know I nudge you all the time about the Librarians' Index to the
Internet (lii.org), but I couldn't restrain myself from mentioning it one
more time: in this week's goodies, don't miss

The Fungus Among Us
   "Fruit ferments, vegetables rot, feet itch, and mushrooms sprout
   overnight on our lawns. These events all have one thing in common
   -- the unseen mycelia of thousands of species of fungi." The site,
   from the Nova Scotia Museum of Natural History, focuses on fungus
   of Eastern North America, but it is a good introduction. Includes
   facts, descriptions and pictures of dozens of mushrooms, folklore,
   activities, and a sampling of a collection of clay models of
   mushrooms.

  http://www.virtualmuseum.ca/Exhibitions/Mushroom/English/

Truly amazing "funky fungal facts," instructions on making spore
prints, and yes, they remembered to add a disclaimer about eating wild
mushrooms based on identification via the site.

I still have some lii.org bookmarks -- ask for one next time you drop in.
But not tomorrow, Friday 4/23: that tiny home repair went sideways on me,
and the Learning Studio will be closed ~again~ that day while we contain
the damage.

Jo Falcon, MLIS
The Exploratorium Learning Studio
415 561-0343