Re: pinhole Plant Diversity Lab?? Flower dissection lab?

From: Karen Kalumuck (karenk@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 23 2004 - 11:09:11 PDT

Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 11:09:11 -0700
From: Karen Kalumuck <karenk@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: Re: pinhole Plant Diversity Lab??  Flower dissection lab?

Hi Mike!

We do lots of flower dissections in the Bio classes here - all the
parts are (generally) the same from flower to flower, but they can
look amazingly different! I'm glad to send you copies of the
materials if you send me your mailing address (same to anyone else
who might be interested). It's a good idea to have one flower with
large, easily identifiable parts - such as a gladiola or a lilly, but
not necessary. Other flowers can be gathered from fields, or the
students could bring some in from their home gardens.

---Karen

--
Karen E. Kalumuck, Ph.D.
Biologist/Educator