grading programs

From: Debbie Berlin (debbie_berlin@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2005 - 09:42:42 PST

Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 09:42:42 -0800 (PST)
From: Debbie Berlin <debbie_berlin@yahoo.com>
Subject: grading programs

Even though it's not on the list, I have to say that I really like MicroGrade. The process of posting grades online is so simple and just requires the click on a button.

If you go with mygradebook.com, it also has a really nice feature. When you take attendance, you can set it to automatically e-mail parents and/or students if a kid is absent, tardy, etc. It cut way down on tardies and absences. Once, I took attendance at the beginning of class and marked a student absent. The parent called the kid's cell phone right away. The kid said he was in class and the parent said "I know better." A few minutes later, the kid showed up.

Whatever you go with, I recommend one with online grade capabilities. I'll never go back.

Good luck! --Debbie