Re: Recycling and Wind Tunnels

From: George Fosselius (gfosselius@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Mar 24 2005 - 07:55:09 PST

From: "George  Fosselius" <gfosselius@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Recycling and Wind Tunnels
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 07:55:09 -0800

Raleigh,
Harm or good?
 I've sung the blues at a UN Day celebration about folks "loading up their
Cad-o-Lac to recycle two blocks up the street"
With change sometimes there is progress.
The new SB-20 whch targets electronic waste, is s'posed to take care and
make everything good.

I volunteer at Alameda County Computer Resource Center (notice it's not
Recycle)
http://www.accrc.org/ where the slogan is
"Obsolescence is Just a lack of Imagination"
The main mission is to place working computers (curently 500 Mhz P3with 10
Gb HD NIC and SUSE Linux 9.1 and Open Office) in the hands of non-profits
and poor worldwide (16K units so far)

But
the headaches and paperwork required to track the source through our
sorting, saving and sending process must have been invented by some of your
administrators after their lobotomy and retirement.

I'll research the outcomes of toxic stuff and report back.

privileged to be a TI shop teacher 2004
George Fosselius
george@mdsc-ic.org