Re: pinhole electron accelerator example

From: Geoff Ruth (gruth@leadershiphigh.org)
Date: Wed Mar 30 2005 - 17:45:03 PST

Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 17:45:03 -0800
From: Geoff Ruth <gruth@leadershiphigh.org>
Subject: Re: pinhole electron accelerator example

Hi Algis,

It seems to me like what you're describing is a cathode ray tube?

I remember reading once about someone who put up a Geiger counter up
next to an old classroom cathode ray tube, like the kind you see in
chem/physics textbooks. The radiation reading was WAY high on the
Geiger counter. I'm not sure how you'd do this experiment in a way
that students could both see and be shielded from fast e- (which I
think is the same as beta radiation).

- Geoff