Re: pinhole Cathode Ray Tubes...

From: Marc Kossover (zeke_kossover@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Mar 31 2005 - 20:25:31 PST

Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 20:25:31 -0800 (PST)
From: Marc Kossover <zeke_kossover@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: pinhole Cathode Ray Tubes...

--- SFPhysics@aol.com wrote:

> And can remember the X-ray machines in shoe stores
> that let you see your foot
> bones in your shoes...

How about this: My school owns one of these!

The building that our school is in used to be a
podiatry school. They had one of course as part of the
historical instrument collection. When the school went
bankrupt, they left the machine behind because it was
infected with evil radiation.

Well, it doesn't have any radiation when its off (no
radium screens, etc.). It looks really cool and makes
a great story for my students.

Marc "Zeke" Kossover
The Jewish Community High School of the Bay
1835 Ellis St. (near Divisidero and Geary)
San Francisco, CA 94121