Generator Advice needed

From: Tim/Joan Merrill (tmerrill@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 22 2005 - 07:04:25 PDT

From: "Tim/Joan Merrill" <tmerrill@hotmail.com>
Subject: Generator Advice needed
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 14:04:25 +0000

Colleagues,
  One of my ex-students is now in college trying to design a system for gyms
to harvest the energy now being dissipated in the machines. He is
currently stuck trying to find a generator that will produce useable power
at the low speeds of gym bicycles. Anyone out there have some suggestions
for him? He has the bicycle and linkages. He says that his Web searches
have found him lots of high-speed units and expensive premade units, but he
needs to build his own. If you email me, I will forward it to him onSunday
(this way I get the information too!). My email is tmerrill@hotmail.com

   Thanks for the assistance,
    Tim Merrill