Science Spanish Middle School Job

From: Cris Barrere (crisbarrere@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Sun Jun 26 2005 - 07:43:52 PDT

Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 07:43:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: Cris Barrere <crisbarrere@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Science Spanish Middle School Job

Dear Exploratorium,

Thank you for taking the time to read this email. My name is Rebecca
Cheung and I am the principal of Longfellow Middle School in Berkeley.
Longfellow is home to Berkeley Unified School District's Two Way Immersion
Middle School program. Students are taught in English and Spanish with
the goal of entering AP Spanish in the 9th grade. We are hoping to
enhance this program by offering 7th grade science in Spanish in order to
balance the spanish vocabularly and curriculum. (Currently students
receive Spanish instruction in History for two years and Language Arts for
two years.) Do you know of any teachers who might be interested and
qualified in this position? It is a full time 7th grade science position
teaching 4 sections in English and one section in Spanish. It is a
unique opportunity to combine a love of language with the love of science.
If you know of any interested teachers, I would appreciate it if you would
encourage them to email me at Rebecca_Cheung@berkeley.k12.ca.us or give me
a call at 510-644-7788. Thank you in advance for your support.

Rebecca Cheung
Principal
Longfellow Middle School